Replacement windows are an important investment, and when you choose premium windows they will provide excellent performance for many years. That’s why it’s a good idea to consider all of the ways you can customize your windows to get the look you want along with enhanced performance.
Many homeowners aren’t even aware of the available options for a custom-made window, so it’s important to choose a Chicago window contractor that will take the time to explain all of your choices and to discuss the benefits of each.
Here are a few things to consider as you begin shopping for high-performance custom windows for your Chicago-area home.
- Colors: Did you know you could choose a different color for the interior of your windows than you select for the exterior? This gives you flexibility to make a selection that allows your new windows to boost curb appeal and complement the other design elements inside your home.
- Grilles: Some homeowners choose no grille in order to have an unobstructed viewing area while others like the charming look that grilles provides. You’ll have several options for both style and placement of the grilles. For example, you can place the grilles only on the top sash.
- Glass: The glass you choose isn’t just about energy-efficiency—which is discussed below—but it’s also about style. Instead of plain glass, ask your contractor to see samples of obscured glass, tinted glass, and other options. While it may not be the right choice for every room, many homeowners like the idea of obscured glass in a bathroom or closet.
- Locking Mechanisms: Security is always important. While most premium windows come standard with quality locks, many manufacturers also offer updated locking mechanisms with innovative features to make your windows even more secure.
- Energy-Efficient Features: Saving money on your heating and cooling bills is one of the best reasons to update your windows, so be sure to learn about all of the ways you can customize them to get the best possible performance. For example, you could choose triple-pane instead of dual-pane glass, or opt for an enhanced glaze that will boost the energy-efficiency of your windows.
Carefully selected custom windows will ensure you get the most from your investment in new windows. Ready to learn more? Contact Compass Window & Door. We expertly install highly rated windows and will help you select custom features that perfectly suit your needs and your budget. Give us a call today or fill out our online contact form now to request a free, in-home consultation.
Subscribe to Compass Window and Door's Blog