One of the most common types of home improvement projects is window replacement or window installation. Windows are an important part of the house as they allow natural light, warmth, and clean air to enter the rooms of your home, as well as providing you with a great view of the outdoors, enhancing curb appeal,and so much more.
Because new windows for home improvement can add significant value to your property, replacing old and deteriorating window products is a fantastic investment. However, for many homeowners, an important consideration is cost—as window replacement can be expensive.
Compass Window and Door is a Chicago window installation company that offers top quality products and professional services at the most reasonable rates. In this guide, we’re revealing the average costs of window replacement to give you an idea of what to expect when investing in your home.
2019 Average Window Installation Costs
According to Home Advisor, replacing windows varies widely when it comes to cost.Most homeowners spend somewhere between $2,990 to $9,880 in total for their window products. Single units of standard sizes range from $295 to $900, while custom ones can reach higher. On top of the price of windows, expect to spend anywhere between $150 and $800 per window for labor costs, or $40 per hour on average, depending on the complexity of the job.
The costs of windows largely depend on the type of material. The cheapest are vinyl, single-hung replacement windows, while the most expensive are solid mahogany-framed, triple-pane, Low-E, picture windows.Compared to new window installation, window replacement costs less. However, as we mentioned before, specialty types of projects such as huge picture style windows can cost as much as $2,500 or higher.
Compass is Offering 50% off Windows
So as you have learned, windows are a serious investment, so we do our best to provide that best quality windows while keeping costs affordable. Which is why we are offering 50% off your windows, when you buy 6 or more! That can save you thousands of dollars on your window purchase!
Compass Window and Door’s Window Styles
Reliable home remodeling companies such as Compass Window and Door offer a wide variety of window styles to choose from. Below are the different types of windows offered by Compass Window and Door.
- Awning Windows: This type is hinged at the top and opens outward such that it can let the breeze in from the left or right and the bottom part of the window.
- Bay or Bow Windows: Such windows protrude from the exterior of the siding, providing you with more interior space. These can cost more than other window types, as these are considered specialty windows that are usually of a larger, custom size and shape.
- Casement Windows: This type of hinged windows can be opened and closed with a turn of a crank. These can be hinged on the left or right to open outwards.
- Double-Hung Windows: Composed of two sashes that can slide vertically up and down, double-hung windows can be opened wide from the top or the bottom but don’t protrude to the exterior or exterior part of the house.
- Egress Windows:These large windows that comply with local codes can be used for entry or exit during an emergency.
- Garden Windows: This type of windows project outward and gives space for plants and decors. Garden windows are usually placed over a kitchen sink or any other part of the house that you’d want to beautify.
- Hopper Windows: Small windows that can open inward and downward, with a hinge or crank as an operating mechanism. They are normally used in the bathroom or basement.
- Picture Windows:These are stationary windows that allow the maximum amount of light to enter and gives you a great outdoor view.
- Slider/Sliding Windows: Sliding windows glide along a track, with at least one operating window that can slide horizontally over the other.
Your Most Trusted Chicago Window Installation Company
Choosing a new window for home remodeling can be a difficult decision to make. However, a more critical decision is choosing the contractor to hire.
If you are looking for a reliable Chicago window installation company, contact Compass Window and Door today. With over 35 years of combined industry experience, we serve as the most reputable one-stop-shop for your window, door, gutter, siding, and attic insulation needs.
Aside from our top-rated ENERGY STAR certified customized products—our labor warranties, reasonable rates, and flexible financing options are just some of the reasons why we stand out from our competitors.
If you’d like to discuss your next home improvement project and get a free in-home estimate and consultation, contact us today or fill out this quick online form.
TagsAverage Window Installation Costs Chicago window installation company
Subscribe to Compass Window and Door's Blog